Mind Body Family’s mission is to empower you to lead a healthier and more balanced lifestyle, acknowledging that this journey begins with YOU. Investing in your own wellness will lead to YOUR best mind, body and family.
Hi, I'm Alex
Owner and Founder, MSW, LCSW
I am so grateful to have crossed paths with you on your journey of becoming your best you.
Lately it has become more difficult to remain present with your children, loved ones, life in general, and yourself. You’re stressed, on edge, physically and mentally exhausted.
I see you. You want to feel better, get unstuck.
I hear you. You’re tired of being so overwhelmed all the time.
I am here to provide you with practical skills to overcome your biggest challenges with confidence.
Even though you don’t see it most days, there is so much you are doing well, so please take a moment to honor yourself.
I will support you by empowering you to become the best version of yourself because you need you and so does your family. You’ve come to the right place to get support that finally feels good. One step at a time, you can do this.
WHAT TO EXPECT...
I will validate YOU, empathize with YOU, encourage YOU, inspire YOU, and to empower YOU to be uniquely you!
- I will validate you for all of the hard work you are doing and for how tough life can be some days, especially when it comes to making changes
- I will empathize with you for your unique experience and situation
- I will encourage you to invest a little more in your physical and mental health
- I will inspire you by creating a judgment free safe online space
- I will empower you to become your best you today by giving you practical tools to stop surviving and start thriving
I am first and foremost a mom of two young children, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker working with individuals, kids, and families for many years, a partner (although my role may look different now), daughter, friend, and a real person with real struggles just like you.
Through various additional trainings and certifications in Traumatic Stress, Mindfulness-Based Interventions, Integrated Medicine for Trauma and PTSD and Interpersonal Neurobiology, I have a unique style and approach to working with others, honoring each person as an individual on a unique journey towards healing and growth. Each person has their own story and set of experiences, which impacts the way they view the world, interact with themselves and others around them. I have tremendous respect for the courage that it takes to work towards change.
I support people of all cultures, races, religions, economic circumstances, gender expressions, and sexualities through developing a trusting relationship and creating a safe space that is necessary to empower you to reach your goals and meet your needs whatever they may be. BLACK LIVES MATTER.
Become your best YOU today!
Licenses and Certifications
- I am a licensed clinical social worker in the state of Colorado (CSW.09924123) and Illinois (149.019433)
- Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB), Dr. Daniel Siegel, MD
- Traumatic Stress Studies, Dr. Bessel Van der Kolk, MD
- Mindfulness Based Interventions for Children and Teens, Christopher Willard, PsyD
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy for Traumatized Children (PCIT)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT), Daniel Smith, PhD
- Integrative Treatment for treating Complex Trauma (ITCT) in Children and Adolescents, John Briere, PhD
- Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Trauma in Schools (CBITS)
- Healing the Body, Healing the Mind: Treating Complex Trauma, Janina Fisher, PhD
- Strengthening Family Coping Resources (SFCR), Laurel J. Kiser, PhD, MBA
- Since completing my LCSW licensure, I have participated in over 35 trainings to further develop my expertise in working with Trauma, Children and Youth, Screening and Assessment, Parenting, Neurobiology, Women’s Health, Evidence-Based Interventions such as Attachment-Focused Family Systems Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and other trauma-focused therapies.
- University of Denver, Denver, CO Master of Social Work (MSW), Area of focus: High-Risk Youth/Community Leadership Emphasis on children, adolescents, families, and key community systems that impact development
- University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, 2002-2006
Focus on criminology, race and ethnicity studies
- For many years I provided bilingual therapy to individuals and families dealing with a wide range of concerns: depression, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), co-morbid diagnoses, mood disorders, complex trauma, grief/loss, substance dependency and addiction, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), suicidal ideation (SI), non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI), oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) and other behavioral challenges in school-based and outpatient settings
- Co-chair of Trauma-Informed Care committee; recipient of National Council of Behavioral Health’s (NCBH) Trauma-Informed Care (TIC) workforce grant and transformed an organization of 800+ staff members into a Trauma-Informed Care agency
- For my full CV, see here